Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Are you ready to work in a great atmosphere? We are looking for a team member to provide great service to our pet patients and their caretakers!
The CSR is primarily responsible for the clients during the appointment setting, checking in and checking out process. This includes answering phones, setting appointments, providing estimates, offering guidance to clients in the retail area of our lobby, accepting payments, and much more.
This is a challenging position. Our office is busy and there are lots of details that the receptionist must attend too. We are looking for individuals with experience in medical offices and an enthusiasm for helping our patients and clients.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide quality care to the patients and clients.
- Answer and handle incoming calls.
- Check clients in and out in a friendly and professional way.
- Follow established hospital policies and protocols in referring clients for appointments when necessary.
- Schedule appointments, obtaining all necessary data concerning the patient and owner. Prepare all forms in advance when possible.
- Get to know regular clients by name.
- Be a team player.
- Check patient records so that recommendations for vaccines, etc. can be made at the appointment times.
- Maintain client and patient confidentiality at all times.
- Process payments.
- Assist clients in the retail space with questions and sales.
- Have a basic working knowledge of the retail products we sell.
- Assist with inventory control.
- Assist in daily cleaning including pet accidents.
- Proficient in the use of computers, registers and card processors.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties including filling.
- Work well with all employees and ensure that your actions support the hospital, doctors and hospital philosophy.
- Assist the medical team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Effectively communicate in English, both in writing and orally.
- Carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Solve problems involving several variables.
- Regularly stand and be able to reach and feel with hands/arms.
- Maintain confidence around pets.
- Proficiency with computers, phone systems, and cash registers.
Experience, Education and/or Training
- High school education required.
- 1 year experience in a veterinary/medical office setting preferred.
- 3 years experience in customer service.
- Background checks will be conducted.’
Salary: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Must be able to work until 6:15 pm on weekdays
Shiloh Animal Hospital is looking for a part or fulltime associate veterinarian to join our team. We put work/life balance first.
Let us know how many hours a week you want to work and we will put together a schedule and pay package that cannot be beat, including a sign-on bonus!
The benefits of joining our team include up-to-date equipment and facilities, a professional and caring staff, competitive pay and most importantly a great work and home life balance for all of our staff.
To be a good fit for our team you must be focused on patient and client care and work well with others. The ability to perform surgery is preferred but not required. We would welcome both experienced veterinarians looking for a change or new graduates who are eager to learn!
We offer our patients up-to-date technology featuring laparoscopic surgery, laser surgery, digital radiography, digital dental radiography, ultrasound, K-laser therapy and otoscopy.
Shiloh Animal Hospital has been operating in the same location since 1959 and has become a well-established part of the community. Our reputation is great and we continue to grow!
Our pay is competitive and our work atmosphere is above average. If you are interested, please contact us for more details or send a resume and cover letter to:
Shiloh Animal Hospital
Dr. Shawne Mazzei
5321 North Main St.
Dayton, OH 45415
We welcome your calls with questions about the position. Call 937-278-3484 and ask for Mark Mazzei.
Send a Resume and Application to:
Shiloh Animal Hospital
5321 N Main St.
Dayton, OH 45415.
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like an application sent to you email us at email@example.com